Markers and Canvas

Hi, everyone! Sometimes you just need a simple, relaxing craft. All you moms out there know what I'm talking about! It's been hot and miserable where we live and Jax has been so sluggish. It's the kind of humid hot where you sweat just sitting there. Within reason - I let Jax pick what kind of craft we do - obviously we aren't going to paint the walls...even though he thinks that's an option! Haha! This week his big focus was coloring - nothing special ... and that's okay! Get Kids Crafty is about letting our kids channel their energy into crafting! 


A few weeks ago I found some canvases at Hobby Lobby and I bought them because I thought they were cute! I didn't know what I would use them for...but I Jax liked them! He grabbed the canvases and his markers and just started coloring! He loved the Noah's Ark one and spent a couple of days coloring it - he's a pretty active kid. When we do crafts we do them a little at a time! It's literally 5 minutes here, pick it up because we have to play with trains, bring it out the next day and work for 2 minutes, pick it up because he wants to read a book, etc. I encourage you to craft together with your kids frequently - even if it's like us...5 minutes a day! 


Anyway...he used his markers and just started coloring! The Noah's Ark canvas is very colorful! He colored that one a little bit a day for about a week! The other two - well....he's been coloring with black a lot lately! Haha! You saw it a few weeks ago with the kitty mask. Again - I let him pick his colors! Check out the gallery below to see his coloring process and the finished pieces!






Comments