Get Kids Crafty July Blog Hop!

Thank you for joining us for another Get Kids Crafty! blog hop! Our theme this month is a perfect summer theme - swimming! The team and our kids will be sharing our swimming themed projects, so be sure to click through all of the links on the hop! In addition - you will get a peek or two at a new Get Kids Crafty! exclusive stamp set from Beth Duff Designs called Pool Party! How exciting! We can’t wait to show you what we’ve made and we would love to see what you make with your kids as well! You can share your projects in our Facebook group or on Instagram with the hashtag #getkidscrafty! Thanks again for stopping by!

Jax and I made some watercolored cards together! He used the MISTI and some Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp a couple of images and a sentiment from the Pool Party stamp set from Beth Duff Designs. This is a GKC exclusive stamp set which means that a portion of the sales of this stamp set goes towards the GKC scholarship fund! This stamp set will be released for purchase on July 29th! For more info on the summer release from Beth Duff Designs check out their Facebook group! 

I also experimented with something COMPLETELY new to me! - Shrinky Dinks! They were super popular when I was a kid, but I never played with them! They are an awesome craft for kids! I stamped an image from the Pool Party stamp set onto the Shrinky Dink plastic with Ranger Archival Black ink and colored in the images with Sharpies and cut out the images. Then I popped them in the oven for a couple of minutes and watched them shrink up! So cool! I made a bunch of mistakes along the way - so here are some tips! 

1. The Ranger archival ink is great because it's permanent, but it is not smudge proof with alcohol ink! If I do this again I will stamp on one side and flip it over and trace with a fine tipped black Sharpie and then color in the image. You can see I got some smudges on the one unicorn face. Oh well! I'm going with it! 

2. The colors get darker - a LOT darker! 

Here are some photos! Check them out and let me know what you think!






 Be sure to click through the rest of the links to get inspired by other swimming projects! 





Comments