Paintball Spatter Art

Hi, everyone! Welcome back! I have a fun little activity to share with you! It's fun for kids of all ages! While perusing Instagram one day I came across a post on the Michael's craft store page - they carry a fun product called Goblies throwable paint balls! They are washable paintballs and the casings dissolve, too! No harm done to the grass! 

In the video I saw on Instagram there were a bunch of kids squishing the paintballs onto a long piece of paper. I wanted something that I could hang on the wall - my idea was to use some black acrylic paint and a paintbrush to letter over the top. Things didn't work out that way - but more on that later! 

Our process was simple - use a toy hammer and squish the paintballs! Jax LOVED it! He giggled and was so excited every time he saw the paint burst across the canvas! I knew this was a project my brother would love, so we went up to my parent's house to do it together! Nate is 25 and he loved it, too! Squishy, painty fun for all ages! 

Nathan also did a canvas where he laid it down flat in the driveway and threw the paintballs at it. The color blends were less controlled, but I love how it looks! When we were done with the paintballs we set the canvases aside to dry. 

So - the good news is that we had a lot of fun together! And it was a good hand eye coordination activity for Jax. It's also a great way to introduce color blends! And we had no trouble with the color staining anything - not our clothes, the table, or our skin. It all washed off right away! The bad news - the paint never dried! *Insert sad face here* It was so disappointing. We let the canvases dry for about 3 days, but it was still as wet as the day we did it. I think probably because the paintballs are meant to be washable, so they never sunk into the canvas. It could also be that I used canvas and not paper. oh well. We still had fun! 

Let me know if you've tried this activity and had different results! I'd love to know!






Comments