Get Kids Crafty September Blog Hop

Hello, everyone! Thank you for joining us for our Get Kids Crafty September blog hop! Our theme is Halloween so gather your hats and brooms, pumpkins and cauldrons, and everything spooky! Our team and their kids have cooked up some amazing projects and we can’t wait to share them with you! Be sure to click through all of the links in the hop! Once you’re done it’s your turn to get crafty with the young ones in your life! We can’t wait to see what you make! Tag us on instagram @getkidscrafty and use the hashtag #getkidscrafty or post in our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/getkidscrafty/)! We love seeing your creations!

Jax LOVES Halloween! All the decorations and such have been popping up everywhere and he loves to point out the ghosts! He just loves them! So I knew I wanted to do a ghostly project! I searched and searched, but there were so many creepy ghosts and I wanted something cute! I found this potato stamping activity and knew it would be perfect! Jax loves to stamp with me and I thought this would be an easy activity for him! And all you need is a potato, a knife, some paint, and paper! We ended up adding googly eyes to cutesy them up a bit! 

I cut a potato in half and used a paring knife to trim the edges into points. I used an old plastic straw to cut out eye holes and then I let Jax go to town dipping the potato into the paint and stamping it down onto the black cardstock! I used a white shimmer paint just to step things up a bit! We added some googly eyes and now we have a fun little Halloween project to give to family! Check out the gallery below to see some process photos! 

Don't forget to hop along and see all the other fabulous Halloween projects from the team and their kids! And when you're done create something for yourself and share it on social media! We'd LOVE to see your spooky projects!















Comments