Mother's Day Handprint Craft

Hello! It's Mother's Day on Sunday for our US followers, so we decided to do a simple, classic craft to celebrate! This was Jax's first time with pom poms and with glue! The pom poms were an after thought - something Jax really wanted to use and I couldn't say no! 

We started by tracing both of his hands on construction paper multiple times and cutting them out of a few different colors to be our colorful flowers. We also cut some strips of green construction paper to be our flower stems. Originally, I thought we would do a whole garden of flower handprints, but Jax is only 2 and didn't want to sit through me cutting out the handprints! So we decided to do only a couple of "flowers" and he was just itching to add some pompoms! It was his first time with glue, but I wanted to let him add glue and pompoms wherever he wanted them - and he did great! 





Here are our finished projects! 



These were so fun! I love doing handprint crafts because you can really see how Jax is growing. I can't wait to compare these little handprints to the ones we made at Christmas! 

Comments